Cigna Dental Insurance– San Antonio, TX
The Home of
Your Cigna Dentist
One of the most common questions we receive every day here at New Image Dentistry is, “Will you take my dental insurance?” Well, if you get your dental coverage through Cigna, then the answer is a resounding “Yes!” We are in-network providers with Cigna, which means we’re able to file claims quickly and help our patients save as much as possible at every visit. We’ve written a quick guide on how to use your Cigna dental insurance with us below, and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Cigna Dental Insurance Basics
While we can’t tell you exactly what your plan covers without talking to you first, generally, most Cigna plans tend to have this structure:
- Preventive services are covered 80-100% (checkups, cleanings, X-rays, fluoride treatments)
- Restorative services are covered 50-80% (fillings, crowns, bridges, dentures, extractions)
- Cosmetic services are NOT covered because they are elective (veneers, whitening, direct bonding)
This is why we recommend that our Cigna patients primarily use their plans to pay for preventive care. It minimizes out-of-pocket costs as much as possible, plus routine checkups and cleanings drastically lower someone’s risk for more advanced dental problems. This means they won’t need more extensive (and expensive!) procedures, plus this sustains optimal oral health.
In-Network Dental Insurance Coverage
If you’ve looked at different dental offices, you will likely have encountered terms like “in-network” and “out-of-network” when it comes to certain dental insurance providers. If a dental office is in-network with your plan, this means that they have a contract with the provider to offer their services for relatively low fees, which helps patients save hundreds at each visit. An out-of-network dental office can essentially charge a patient whatever they want, and then their insurance will pay a portion of it, and the patient is responsible for the balance.
We are proud to be in-network with Cigna, which means we’ll not only accept your plan, but you can trust that you are getting the best rates possible. We’ll also be able to file your claims quickly so you have instant access to your benefits.
Maximizing Dental Benefits
Here are a few tips on how to maximize your Cigna dental insurance at New Image Dentistry:
- Use your plan to mostly pay for preventive care, as this receives the most coverage.
- Don’t let your plan reset without using all of your benefits. If you still have money on your plan by the time January 1st comes around, it will not
- Understand your annual maximum. Every Cigna plan has a maximum amount of money that it will pay for dental care in a given year. This is an important number, and knowing it can make it easier to budget your care and stretch your benefits as much as possible.